Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yay 6.

6 yrs ago tomorrow I was blessed with a beautiful daughter.  She was born on June 15, 2006 at 6:11pm.  She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz.  and was 21 in. long. She had a full head of dark brown hair, and a huge set of dark brown eyes.  As I held her in my arms and looked at Nate and Conner I thought wow God,  look what You have given me.  I had more joy in that moment than a lifetime should allow.  And how I think back at that moment of joy and savior it for all it's worth.  How complete my family was.  As I look back now  I realize that God had given me more than a daughter that day,  He had given me a reason. I had no idea then what would be in store for our lives, but God did.  And in all of His great wisdom and mercy He gave my husband  and I a reason to live on that June 15, through some of the hardest days this life would give.

Liyah was a fabulous baby.  She was pretty much on the move from birth.  I remember not being able to get her to stay swaddled in the hospital and the nurse insisted she could do it.  Liyah wiggled free after about 5 seconds and the nurse was quite shocked.  She started crawling at 5 1/2 months and walking at 9.  It was crazy.  She laughed all the time and had such a curiosity for this world even as a tiny infant.  Her eyes were wide open and she picked up on everything.  (She still does,  we can't get nothing past this girl.)  She absolutely adored her big brother.  He could get her laughing harder than anyone else.  She stayed so tiny for so long.  I remember everywhere we went people would comment on how petite she was.  A lot of people told us she didn't even look real.  She definitely was and still is the most precious little girl.  Oh how I have enjoyed watching her grow these past 5 yrs.  She has filled our life with such happiness during such sorrow.  On days when I didn't think I could bare to go on, I would look at her face and it was all it took to get me through to the next moment.

So tonight, through tears I put my baby girl to bed for the last time ever as a 5 yr. old.  I am relieved for her that this year is over.  I know it was so terribly difficult for her and yet she handled it with such grace and enthusiasm.  She learned to read and write, how to comfort, how to let go, and how to accept some of lives most difficult circumstances.  She learned how to be a friend, how to pleat', and that the Lord does not always give us everything we want, but He will give us everything we need.  She wrote her first bible verse, took her first piano lesson, and grew her first flower.  This past year has taken so much from us, yet also given us so much too.  It has taken our 11 yr. old son, yet has gave us an opportunity to watch the most beautiful 5 yr. old grow into the most beautiful 6 yr. old ever.  As I go to sleep tonight I can't help but praise God for what He has given us in our precious little girl, and also anticipate the joy a 6 yr. old daughter will bring to our lives.  Yay to 6!!!

1 comment:

  1. So Touching & Thank You for sharing your Beautiful Touching Personal Story....It brought tears to my eyes....:(

    ReplyDelete