Friday, June 8, 2012

The truth hurts

It is with a very heavy and burdened heart that I write this post today.  A heart burdened for people, grieving mothers especially.  There are a lot of people who may not like this post, or agree with it.  Especially those who do not believe every word in the bible to be truth.  I would really like you to see my heart in what I am going to share.  I want you to imagine for just one second believing something to the core of who you are.  Believing with out a doubt in something that is real and permanent.  This is how I feel about the bible.  I believe that the words in that book were breathed by the power of the Holy Spirit and that every single word, whether I like it or not is the absolute truth.  After all in His word God says that He is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19).  So I beg you to please hear my heart and try to understand why this is truly something that hurts my heart to it's core.  Something that people don't like to talk about, or want to believe, but it is the truth.  So here it is.

HEAVEN AND HELL ARE REAL PLACES AND JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET TO HEAVEN!

Matthew 10:28And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.


John 14:1-4
 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, thereyou may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”


So yes I believe heaven and hell are places and that accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior is the only way to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.  I also believe if you do not accept the free gift of Jesus then you will be banished to hell for all eternity where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matt. 8:12)  I don't believe that whether you are good or bad has anything to do with where you will end up.  You can be the greatest servant in the world, but that means nothing to God.  In fact He says our works are like bloody rags before Him (Isaiah 64:6), so they mean absolutely nothing.  The only thing God looks at is where our heart is with His Son.  And not everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will enter (Matt. 7:21).  It is also hard to enter into heaven, and not many will be let in (Matt. 7:13-14).  


I also believe there is an enemy who is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour (1 Peter 5:8).  I believe that the enemy is so awful that he will use the worst things someone can go through in this life and use it to advance his purpose in this world which is to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10).  He does not care that your child died and you are searching for answers to questions that you may never get answered.  He will tell you he has the answers. But he does not.  The answers lie in the bible and the truth that is Jesus.  I long for my child every day.  To hold him in my arms and see his smile.  But I know with everything that I am that the only way to my child is with Jesus.  There is no other connection to me and him now other than Jesus.  I wish he was in the wind, and the trees.  I wish I could feel his presence, and go somewhere and have someone talk to him and then tell me what he says or what he is doing.  I wish his spirit would visit me and comfort me.  But the reality is this is not the case.  It is a lie from the enemy trying to separate you from your child for eternity.  And not just your child, but from the One who made a way for you to be with your child again.  I am not ok with my child not being here with me, but I am not God and His ways and thought are higher than mine (Isaiah 55:9).  I am however very grateful to a God who loved me enough to make a way for me through His son Jesus (John 3:16), to be with my child again.  I want to spend my life here loving Jesus, so that i can spend my life for eternity loving my sweet sweet boy and Jesus in heaven.


So there it is.  Please understand, I am in no way trying to condemn, or judge, or put you down in any way, if you believe different than I do.  I just want you to see why it is so important for me to share the name of Jesus, especially to grieving mothers.  And who knows, maybe when I die, I will find that what I believed to be truer than true was actually just a lie.  I am ok with that.  But what if what I believe is right?  Are you ok with that?


I love you all and pray for God's mercy and grace to be upon you all.  Especially those of you who are in a time of deep misery and sorrow, such as myself.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy, thanks for sharing! It can take a lot of courage to say something like this when it isn't popular, but it is so true! I lost a baby and I can totally relate. I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll keep you in my prayers! I think it is great how you are using your pain for good to share Christ :) I'm hoping to do the same thing too on my blog too called The Proverbs 31 Project at adventuresofaneverydaygirl.blogspot.com . You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete