Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Conner's Blog- some stuff he wrote.

Bears
My favorite football is the Bears.  They have been my favorite team since I was like 7 yrs. old.  They became my favorite team when I was 7 because I played flag football when I was 7.  My team was the Ogden Bears.  My favorite players are Devon Hester, Brian Urlacher, and there new player Julius Peppers.  Devon Hester's position is punt returner.  Brian Urlacher position is linebacker.  Julius Peppers position is tackle on the line.  I do not like the line it is boring to me.  My favorite positions are wide receiver, middle linebacker, running back, and safety.  My favorite sport is FOOTBALL!!

My Favorite Sport
My favorite sport is football.  These are some reasons why.  I like to run and football has a lot of running in it.  second reason is because I like to tackle people.  There is a lot of that in football. The third reason I like football is because one of my favorite things to do is catch and there can be a lot of that in football. Another reason is because I like wearing all the gear.  Two more reasons is because you get a certain amount of yard every play, and last but not least because there is a defense.  I love defense.  44 is my number this is the # for Amad Bradshaw running back for the NY Giants.

The New News
For the past couple weeks I have been taking in a lot of information about my cancer and treatment options.  I must admit some of the things i hear are amazing, but some are pretty down heartening. Such as the fact that no chemo's are helping but that i will be starting a completely new chemo soon.  Which is exciting and a little bit not at the same time.  I am very excited for this weekend.  I am spending it at the Woodcliff Lodge with my family.  It has been sort of hard to sleep the last couple days because of my steroid, but that should end today because I am lowering my dose. P.S. I will keep you updated on what is happening by email and by writing you these short stories.  Your student Conner.

A Chemo stay at Strong
On Friday January 21 I wet to the strong Hospital to get chemo for what I thought would be about 3-5 days.  In the story good things and bad things happened.  I am going to tell you about how my story was good and bad.  First getting into the hospital I was admitted into room 518 in the part of the hospital where crying babies stay.  I shared a room with a 12 year old named Kevin.  He was in the hospital for a ruptured appendix.  But let's not make the story about him.  Well now that we were situated in the hospital I got hungry so me and mom took it easy for the night, we ordered papa johns.  When we were done with that we took it easy in my room and watched movies.
So now we had been in the hospital for a while, it was probably 9 at night, and the nurse Melissa was getting the chemo hooked up in my chest where my port is.  My port is connected to my main vein in my body which is where the chemo flows to get to the cancer cells to kill those.  Now it was 10.  I was starting to get tired and watching the movie Evan Almighty (very funny).  In the hospital I started to get hungry again because of my steroid, it makes me hungry.  Well now at like 11, my roommate was awake and we were just talking to each other about why we were here and just getting to know each other.  Well now it was about morning we had talked to the Dr's and some good news came out of that.  I might be able to leave the hospital at 6pm.  Well now it was 1 in the morning I was done with chemo and getting the fluids to help clear the chemo out of me and the hard part seems to start.
Well it was about 2 in the morning now and my nurse is telling me I should get some rest so she gives me some benadryl to help me sleep and I am out for about 3 hours.  Now I am back up at about 6 in the morning.  I just watched movies until like 9am.  Well now it was almost time to go home you could say.  It was ok being in the hospital but it was definitely boring.  Well for a little bit when my mom got up we went to a coffee hour thing for her so she could get some coffee and she talked to a mom for like an hour about the moms kids who had like a stomach cancer.  Well  now we were back in my room and it was about 12pm, I took a nap because I was exhausted and the fluid only had to run for one more hour when I woke up.  So we packed up the stuff we brought and in an hour the nurse came back, unhooked me, and we left to go home.  Yipee!  

4 comments:

  1. Kristy
    He certainly had a way with his words...What a "Great"Story Writer"...he was...

    Thank You...For Sharing...Such Private Moments From...Your Precious & Priceless Son Conner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I loved that..just a sneak peak at who Conner was. thank you for sharing. hope to see more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy I never met Conner but his writing shows a lot about him and the fact he wanted to journal was great. It is very sweet.Thanks Kristy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, always praying for you guys. I imagine he's had some fabulous conversations now with Walter Payton. My heart is sad that you're dealing with this and know that this stranger friend from chicago thinks about you all the time.
    All our prayers!

    ReplyDelete